Monday, May 2, 2011

10 cent shirt Revamp turns purse


Okay so I started out with the hot pink shirt! I had big plans for the baby. I got a grey shirt out of the 10 Cent pile for the ruffles ( I know I splerged.) I cut the arms and neck they way I wanted it, and then I cut open each side and sewed it to be a litlle more fitting. Then I got the rufles made and sewed them on.


Looks pretty good in the pic right? Well when I tried it on the ruffles didnt match and I knew I wouldnt wear it. So instead of tossing my 20cent project in the trash I thought, What can I do with this? I thought I could make a bag out of it for library book. Or whatever we just happen to need a library bag. So I cut it a little smaller and just poked holes threw the sides and tied on the extra material I cut. And Viola I got a cute bag/purse! I bet you never would have thought you could do this for 20 cents!

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! I'd totally rock that bag at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How do you come up with this stuff!!? That is really cute!

    ReplyDelete