Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pillow Case Dress

 Okay so I made this little dress for a cousin of ours. My daughter had to model it for me though. I was going threw one of my friends good will pile and I saw this pillow case. I thought it it had a cute design! So I snagged it up. all I did was measure around my daughters chest and cut the elastic to fit. I cut the sewed part of the pillow case and folded and sewed around the sides. Easy right? Right! Then with the extra material I cut off I made some matching flowers to add to the top. For the straps I just cut elastic and sewed on some lace and then sewed it on The dress. I had my daughter try it on a couple times while I was doing this so I could get the right measurement's for the straps and such. I think it turned out so cute! I had all the supplies at home so this project was free! (That's the best part) I think its so boho chic! My little cousin we made it for lives right by the beach so this dress will be perfect for a beach day!
Side not ( my husband was so funny....he didn't know that I made this out of a pillow case at first and when she was sitting in the corner like this he says, " I thought she got a a pillow case and was playing with it" I just laughed.... I said well it looks like a pillow case because it is.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I am totally going to have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete